Lumpy's Oddyssey

This is a log of the Communications between Mr. OR and a gentlemen known only as The Lumpy detailing The Lumpys epic battle with a tiny being attempting to brainwash him, his family, and take over his happy home.

Confused? Having trouble figuring out what this blog is all about? Need a hint? Get them here The Answer To All Riddles.

Friday, October 28, 2005

On the Zoo and Getting Rich

Dear Mr. OR,

As you are aware the Beast has been learning the manners of our cats over the last few weeks. Where as The Beast has not yet learned the cats way of getting around the house it has become very apparent that the Beast is trying. It has also begun growing a set of strong sharp claws. It has already used these claws in a most unforgiving manner against my person. While my wife and I were tending to my wounds it occurred to me that the Beast has become more like the large cats found in Africa than like the small house cats we have at home. I believe this for several reasons. First the Beast lies around in shady places most of the day not unlike lions at watering holes. Second the Beast growls continually at everything around it. Its growl has grown very loud not unlike the roar of a lion. Third the Beast has a set of very large claws that it can use to tear the flesh of its prey just like a lion does.

As I was pondering these ideas I came to the understanding that people pay good money to go to the zoo and see lions. Naturally I began to wonder if people would pay to go to the zoo and see the Beast. Of course they would. The Beast has all the elements required for a good zoo display. The Beast is dangerous, aggressive, has lovely rare fur. Why I'll bet I would make a killing. And so I set about building my exhibit. First I modified some of the barred cells that I still have from laying around from the time I put the Beast in solitary confinement. I made them more spacious so it would appear the Beast had room to roam. Something that I am sure is more illusion than true as every zoo I have ever been too the animals never move more than five feet in any direction. This was accomplished quickly and insured that I would not have to suffer a law suit from the P.E.T.A.. I then whipped up some signs using spray paint that gave a brief description of the Beast and another one asking patrons not to the feed the Beast.

I now felt ready and confident in my new venture. Indeed I could nearly feel the money in my pocket as I'm sure such a unique exhibit would make me rich quite quickly. Upon putting the Beast in the cage however I quickly became aware of just how good a reach the Beast has with its claws. That would never do. Images of what could happen if an elderly person stumbled within reach of the Beasts vicious grasp filled my head causing me to shudder uncontrollably. And then I had a wonderful Idea. All I needed to do was to cap the Beasts claws. With lightning speed I rounded up the handyman’s favorite tool, duct tape, and a pair of my old socks. I put a sock on each of the Beasts hands duct taping them securely around the Beasts arms and presto! instant disarmed Beast. I have now begun selling tickets at my front door and am waiting for my first customer and should you drop by I will of course let you in at a discounted price. I remain always;
Respectfully yours,

The Lumpy

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. I hope that your zoo is still running in a couple of weeks. Perhaps Mr. Toad and I can stop in and see this famous beast.

Oh and yes I should add...killer job you've done on this page!

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

toad - Bah you saw the spammer before I had a chance to delete them. If the profits on my zoo are as hi as I hope I may leave it running for many years to come.

The Lumpy

October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Lumpy, all the best zoos these days use natural habitat enclosures instead of cages. You might find even more zoo patronage if you can come up with some invisible method of keep the Beast from escaping its confines.

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope ticket sales soar. I will stop by for a gander should I be in your area anytime soon. Should I wear protective gear such as goggles to shield me from projectile goo? I'll bring them just in case you don't provide them.
I assume the Beast will grow and become even more vicious. This will greatly enhance sales and profits. You may have stumbled upon a brilliant business idea that will support you and your lovely wife for years to come.

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm there! I will buy a few tickets to support your foundation as I know you will have to feed the beast as well and we all know that can get costly...not to mention the shots...but chin up 'ol chap...We will spread the word. :)

~Cyradis

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Duct tape. Men's answer to anything. If I allowed him to, My Other Half would have my car duct taped together. Why bother spending money on silly garages, when you 've got duct tape?

October 28, 2005  
Blogger john boy said...

Off topic here. This is in response to your comment about the sidewalk art. There is an example from the wrong angle in the images I posted over on Tesserae. Glad you enjoyed them.

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Cori said...

I would definately pay good money to see the Beast!

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Marti said...

Best wishes on the exhibit - LOL!

October 28, 2005  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

maybe u need to think about getting the beast de-clawed..


and make sure u keep her cage clean:)

October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get caught by the PETA, you can just use the "invisible fence" that works for pets in your yard. It's a very humane way of training various creatures not to venture beyond their area's of confinement. The device can be hidden inside the fece's containment shield you have on The Beast, just don't put the device near an area where there might be liquid, as there is electric shock involved. PETA is watching.

October 29, 2005  
Blogger Fred said...

Build it and they will come...

October 30, 2005  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I mentioned your Beast at my blog this weekend.
I thought I should warn others about it.

October 30, 2005  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

Monique - Indeed you are correct. Most zoos do use natural habitat enclosures but I'm uncertain where the Beast originates from as I have not as of yet been able to learn its language. Therefore I can not make a natural habitat enclosure as I do not know what it's natural habitat is. I may; however, be able to do something about getting rid of the bars. I shall give it a shot.

Jamie Dawn - I shall save you a front row seat. In all honesty goggles had not occured to me as I wear glasses and thus always have protective eyewear on. It is; however, a great Idea and I shall have to pick some up immediatly.

Cyradis - You are absolutely right about the cost. I am planning on putting up billboards to help me advertise and insure that I receive enough patrons.

Saurkraut - I'm sorry to inform you that I am right there with your other half. I would wrap my car in duct tape too if I thought it would keep it from rusting.

John Boy - Thank you kindly for replying to my inquiry and for stopping by.

Cori - I shall save you a seat next to Jamie Dawn. She is very friendly and I'm sure the two of you would have a great time.

Marti - Thanks you very much for the well wishing. I shall keep you abreast of how the venture turns out.

its_just_me - I would indeed like to get the Beast declawed; however, I find that people are attracted to danger and so I fear that having the Beast declawed could lead to a drop in profit margins.

Susie - The invisible fence is a wonderful Idea I had not thought of. I shall have to give it a test run. there is some concern about this approach; however, as I have heard tales of animals that managed to get past the invisable fence even though the fence were operational. If this is the case it would keep me from being able to provide a safe viewing environment for my patrons. Then again perhaps that would be part of the fun. You never know.

Fred - Yes indeed. The Blueprints are on my desk and construction has already begun.

Jamie Dawn - Thank you SO Much for the plug. I commented at the post on your site. Sorry it was late. Your continued support is VERY much appreciated.

The Lumpy

October 31, 2005  
Blogger quint said...

Lumpy -

Sorry I have been remiss with my posting. Many chaotic things have happened, and I must beg your forgiveness.

Selling tickets to see the Beast is a stroke of genious, my friend. Maybe one day you can set up a type of "preserve" and lead thrill-seekers on a safari, seeing the Beast among its kind in its natural habitat. Good work, my friend, it's about time something went right in this battle.

Oh, and thanks.

~ quint

October 31, 2005  
Blogger Marti said...

Wishing everyone on my blogroll a boo-tiful day! LOL!

Happy Halloween!

October 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home