Lumpy's Oddyssey

This is a log of the Communications between Mr. OR and a gentlemen known only as The Lumpy detailing The Lumpys epic battle with a tiny being attempting to brainwash him, his family, and take over his happy home.

Confused? Having trouble figuring out what this blog is all about? Need a hint? Get them here The Answer To All Riddles.

Friday, March 24, 2006

On Comas and Returns

Dear Mr. OR,

I must once again give an apology for my lack of correspondence. You see I was typically able to correspond during a few free moments I was able to obtain between intense sessions of box staring. However; that time has been removed from my day and as all of my free time at home has been taken up with contending with the Beast I have had precious little time for correspondence.

Indeed I have had precious little time for anything other than box starring of late. You see there is a new craze in the world of box staring that demands that a person meditate on the way that their box looks. Well for quite some time now it has been a notable fact that the Lumpy is above average when it comes to anything that requires intense mental focus to the exclusion of any outside stimulus. And so I went after this latest technique with vigor.

When my taskmasters noticed my innate abilities in this area they accelerated my program and before I knew what had happened I had achieved a state of hyper-meditation so closely resembling a coma that even my physician began to become suspicious.

I have recently resurfaced from this state several pounds lighter and very bewildered about the state of all things involving calendars, schedules, and the passage of time. As my apatite returns to me and I find myself once again functioning on the cognitive plain I have begun to carve out a little piece of time outside of work where I can once again correspond on a regular basis. Wish me luck dear friends and we should be in regular touch.

Respectfully yours,

The Lumpy

P.S. In all seriousness I've been absent due to pressures at my job that have required my full attention. I do intend to be back on a regular schedule here again and would like to thank those of you crazy enough to keep checking this once active blog in the hopes of its Phoenix like rebirth. Special thank you’s to Susie, Marti, Toad, and My wife for your encouragement and diligents in requesting my return.

9 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

well lumpy...long time no see..

glad to see ya back sir..

formally just chirsinta:)

March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dang it, bossy beat me. she's a little nosy, so that would explain it. I'm really curious as to whether or not the management is aware of your challenges on the home front with the Beast? I would think that fact in and of itself would qualify you for some sort of CEO position, with a window office, and perhaps even a red swingline stapler.

March 24, 2006  
Blogger Marti said...

Welcome back!

Great to see you posting again. I hate it when real life forces me away from the blogosphere - LOL

Best wishes to you!

March 25, 2006  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

Bossy Britches - Wow. Hello there. Thank you for the warm welcome back.

Susiebadoozieqsee - Thanks for the welcome back. Although management is aware of my plight they have not as of yet offered me the position of CEO. I am; however, the proud owner of one shiney red swingline stappler which I treat with loving affection and never allow out of my sight.

Marti - Thanks for the welcome back. I've come to find that I don't like haveing real life interfear either. Besides when I don't do any writing (I'm beginning to notice) I get a lot more cranky.

The Lumpy

March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lumpy! Glad you're back! I too have had real life interfere with my ability to blog on a regular basis, but I'm also trying to make a comeback.

March 25, 2006  
Blogger quint said...

Lumpy -

If you ever do get the swingline confiscated, you could always burn the place down.

~ quint

March 28, 2006  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

Monique - Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll be by to say hello later today.

Quint - How the heck are you. I can't believe you still check the site. I'd burn the place down but they haven't put salt on my margarita glass yet.

The Lumpy

March 28, 2006  
Blogger Jenn said...

I was sent here via the gobhole/Susie.

You have a fabulous writing style that I will inevitably be returning to read on a regular basis. Congrats on your new addition!

March 29, 2006  
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

emma sometimes - Thank you. I'm always glad to hear that people are enjoying themselves. I owe susie a big thanks too.

The Lumpy

March 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home