Lumpy's Oddyssey

This is a log of the Communications between Mr. OR and a gentlemen known only as The Lumpy detailing The Lumpys epic battle with a tiny being attempting to brainwash him, his family, and take over his happy home.

Confused? Having trouble figuring out what this blog is all about? Need a hint? Get them here The Answer To All Riddles.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

On Betrayal and Becoming a Mule

Dear OR,

I am coming to realize that I am no longer in control of events surrounding my life. At one time yes I was. But now...

This profound and significant truth came crashing home to me the other day as I was sitting in my box staring at the wall as usual. I was contemplating the hairy fibers of the box and fine woody smell when some images from this weekend popped quite unexpectedly into my head. The Beast and my wife were at it as usual. My wife was carrying the beast around rocking back and forth like a heroine addict going through withdrawal while The Beast screamed at the top of its lungs.

Now if there is one thing that irritates me to the point of madness it is loud unceasing noise. I am a quiet man prone to fits of reading as I'm sure you remember and these loud interruptions make me feel almost violent. Somehow The Beast must have picked up on this because it and my wife followed me around the house for the better part of three hours screaming all the while.

I couldn't take it anymore. So I asked my Wife what I could do to get them to stop. At first I refused their demands but another 45 minutes found me saddled like a common beast of burden. A large backpack strapped to me with The Beast riding triumphantly inside and as if that wasn't enough my wife paraded me around the streets of our neighborhood to show everyone my humiliation. All of this now confirms two things to me. First I am no longer in control but they are. Second there can be no negotiations it is either I who must give in or them but there will be no middle ground. They have made this clear.

I have been far too passive as of late and have allowed The Beast to nearly take over my home with out a fight. From this point on it is war. The trick will be to separate The Beast from my wife. Wish me luck for tonight I begin planning. I will not be so humiliated again! I remain always;

Respectfully yours,

The Lumpy

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Contact...see they have this thing called email, you can list in your profile. But I know I know you are in IT, so you're paranoid, blah blah blah.

I digress....

Yes I have experience two fold in the aforementioned beast....

Wait until they start teaching you tricks...it's frankly kind of amazing to the point you'll start questioning who's the beast and who is not. ;-)

Yay! for new bloggers :-) Welcome

August 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lumpy:

There is no middle ground, on this, you are correct. You are on the wrong side of this battle thus far. Your land, your home is being invaded. You are being humiliated. You are being paraded in front of your neighbors. You must turn the tables!

Your wife has become an agent of The Beast, it seems. You have not spoken of any means of communication that this Beast has, yet your wife seems to have some sort of unspoken connection to it...have you tried utilizing a similar connection?

Maybe an unspoken connection to this beast is what has taken your wife to its side, maybe you should do the opposite and close your mind completely. I find that complete closure of the mind may cause others to avoid me.

I usually find a comfortable chair - your favorite chair would be ideal. And then find a spot on the wall, a shaded area or a paint spot, and stare at it. Soon, your mind will shut down and your eyes will gloss over. You may drool a little. Kind of like when you're staring at your box walls at work. But at least your brain won't be invaded by thoughts of the Beast.

August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home